Stephen Ministries...God's Love in Action
What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is...
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need
Stephen Ministers Care for People Facing Tough Times
We all experience challenges in life--times when we could benefit from the support of a caring Christian friend. Stephen Ministers are ready to provide the emotional and spiritual care we need when faced with a crisis or difficulty such as
Stephen Ministry Featured on PBS
PBS Religion and Ethics television news program recently produced a segment on Stephen Ministries.
Click here to go to the PBS page and watch the segment.
"Therefore encourage one another and build up each other." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
Could you benefit from the confidential, one-on-one, care of a Stephen Minister?
Do you know someone else who could benefit from Stephen Ministry?
Are you interested in becoming a Stephen Minister?
Contact one of our Stephen Leaders at 330-499-3307:
Pastor "Kip" Smith
"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galations 6:2