Who is the service for?
Anyone, regardless of age, qualifies for the Meals on Wheels service, as long as they live within the service area. Examples of current clients include shut-ins, persons living alone, those just home from the hospital, etc.
What is the service area?
View Meals on Wheels Service Area in a larger map
Stark County, centered around the Meals on Wheels Kitchen
(7707 Market Ave. N., North Canton, OH 44721)
North to the Uniontown Post Office
South to 30th St.
East to Middlebranch
West to I-77.
When are meals delivered?
Monday through Friday at lunch time
Clients may choose to receive meals one, two, three, four, or five days a week.
What kind of food is delivered?
A reasonably-priced hot meal and a sack lunch is delivered at lunch time to cover lunch and dinner every day food is desired. Dietary restrictions and food allergies are taken into consideration.
Some hot meal examples:
- Sausage, Sweet Potatoes, and Spinach
- Stuffed Peppers, Applesauce, and Beets
- Ham & Cheesy Noodle Casserole, Cranberry Sauce, and Carrots
- Chicken & Rice Casserole, Braised Pears, and Lima Beans
- Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, and Brussels Sprouts
Some Cold meal examples:
- Egg Salad Sandwich, Corn Salad, Brownies, and Baked Apples
- Tuna Salad Sandwich, Green Salad, Cake, and Fruit
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich, Vegetable Salad, Cookies, and Fruit
- Deli Sandwich, Radish Salad, Jell-O, and Fruit
- Chicken Salad Sandwich, Coleslaw, Muffins, and Fruit
How much does it cost?
Meals are reasonably priced. Please contact the Meals on Wheels office to ask about pricing.
M-F, 9am-12pm 330-494-0366